Exultate Singers performs settings of Shakespeare texts by Jaakko Mäntyjärvi and Ralph Vaughan Williams, there's a celebration of Benjamin Britten's 100th birthday with performances of his Rejoice in the Lamb and Hymn to St Cecilia and music by Parry, Whitacre, Elgar, Howells, and James MacMillan's remarkable setting of the Miserere.
Interval refreshments of Pimms and strawberries will be served and you can enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Clifton College grounds in the summer sunshine!
• Jaakko Mäntyjärvi and Ralph Vaughan Williams Shakespeare Songs
• James MacMillan Miserere
• Arvo Pärt The Beatitudes
• Benjamin Britten Rejoice in the Lamb and Hymn to St Cecilia
• Humphrey Clucas Crucifixus
• Edward Elgar As torrents in Summer
• Herbert Howells Hymn for St Cecilia and Exultate Deo
• Eric Whitacre Her sacred spirit soars
• Hubert Parry There is an old belief
Here's a little taster of the programme: Tenebrae singing Britten's Hymn to St Cecilia
Saturday 20 July 2013 at 7.30pm
Clifton College Chapel, College Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 3JH
Doors open at 7pm.
The entrance to the chapel is off the quad in Clifton College. Go to the college entrance on Guthrie Road, enter through the archway and follow the signs to the chapel.
Tickets are £15 (£13 concessions, £5 full time students, £2 young people under 18)
• Buy tickets online at the Exultate Singers shop until midnight on Friday 19 July
• Or buy in person from Providence Music shop at 1 St George's Road, College Green, Bristol before 5.30pm on Friday 19 July
• Or buy tickets on the door (cash or cheque only)
How to find Clifton College